Job Description Example
Volunteer Camp Leader Job Description
Title:Volunteer Camp Leader
Responsible to:Camp Director and Volunteer Manager
Direct relationship with:participants and staff/volunteers
Purpose of Role:
To enable young people with and without disabilities to participate in positive camp and community experiences
Key Tasks and responsibilities:
- Gather reference material such as story books, groups ideas, games and skits, songs to use whilst on camp.
- Attend pre-camp meeting and training with staff and volunteers.
During camp duties:
- Listen to your campers.
- Ensure a safe and healthy environment for the campers and staff.
- Promote feelings of self-worth, belonging and uniqueness in your campers.
- Help campers develop and learn new skills/activities.
- Communicate feedback, ideas and concerns to the camp director or volunteer manager.
- Attend and participate in meetings whilst on camp.
- Instruct campers in your skill/program allocated to you from the camp director.
- Find out personal requirements of campers from your camp director.
- Greet parents and campers at arrival and departure points.
- Work with campers to prepare for activities, mealtimes, mobility, personal hygiene and other tasks.
- Assist with planning of the day to day activities whilst on camp.
- Participate in evaluation of the program at the conclusion of the camp.
- Respond to all aspects of safe working practices and procedures and promptly report any incidences to the camp director.
Desirable Personal Qualities:
- A genuine interest in working with children and young people.
- Enjoy working in the outdoors and camping.
- Qualifications in camping and outdoor education desirable.
- Driver’s License preferred, but not essential.
- First Aid qualifications are also desirable.
- One orientation day for training.
- 1 evening training session throughout the year.
- Attend at least one weekend or school holiday camp per year.
Makaton Signing Example
Communication Board Example