Some useful sun smart tips:
- Watch the clock – try to limit time in direct sun between 10am and 4pm.
- Make a statement with shades, hat and a long sleeve t-shirt.
- Block the sun year round – it is possible to burn all year, even in the snow so don’t forget to block the sun, to have fun all year round.
- Use a sunscreen with an SPF (sun protection factor) of at least 30+ – apply sunscreen 15 minutes before going out in the sun and after swimming, sweating or towelling off.
- Remember your ears, nose, neck, tops of your feet and hands – they may seem small but they can really burn.
- Waterproof your skin while swimming – use waterproof sunscreen.