Know the procedures for the following incidents should they occur. Prior to the program establish meeting and assembly areas in case of emergencies.
In all emergencies it is important to:
- ensure that all participants are supervised and accounted for;
- ensure that everyone; coordinator, director and leaders are aware of the situation;
- contact the organisation manager;
- contact appropriate local emergency services; and
- ensure that the incident is recorded in the Incident Report Form/Book and that all actions are documented.
For injuries such as severe cuts and wounds, broken bones, head and back injuries, refer to the first aid coordinator on the program who will instruct you on appropriate procedures to be implemented